Friday, March 27, 2020

Update: March 27

Students, parents, guardians:

Teachers had a virtual meeting with Dr. Ackell this afternoon and we received important updates. 

Marking period 3 is over. At the time of the closure, we were a few days away from the end of the marking period. Grades will be based on what was due before the closure. Seventh grade students will receive credit for the persuasive paragraph. Eighth grade students will receive credit for their "Flowers for Algernon" craft and structure questions. Many of you submitted these assignments on the day of the closure. I saw all of you working on and completing these items.

Moving forward, on Monday or Tuesday you will be receiving a phone call from your student's homeroom teacher. The teacher will ask you some questions, help you with technology needs, and discuss our district's plan for continuing education during the closure.

I have set up Google classrooms for our classes and I will post an assignment there each week. The codes are unique for each period. They are:
  • English 7, Period 1: 2b4kdda 
  • English 7, Period 2: os2zb6y 
  • English 7, Period 3: bycr5ab
  • English 8, Period 5: c33cjhk 
  • English 8, Period 6: eu3rvsv 
  • English 8, Period 7: f66pb2d 
  • English 8, Period 8: cingwsn
All students have already received invitations to join my Google Classrooms. 

The assignments I post to Google Classroom will be optional and will not be graded. Though it will not be graded, I will provide feedback to each student's work. The goal is to provide review and enrichment during the closure. In order to maintain continuity of learning, I ask that you participate if you are able. If you do not have access to the internet, we will be providing paper packets. You will be getting more information about this when you speak to your student's homeroom teacher on Monday or Tuesday.

In addition to Google Classroom, I will be holding office hours on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1:00pm to 3:00pm in Google Meet. During this time, you will be able to ask me about the weekly assignment. You can also email me about assignments outside of my office hours at mzangari@northschuylkill.net.

If you have questions after speaking to your student's homeroom teacher on Monday or Tuesday, please do not hesitate to contact me. I understand that this a difficult time for everyone and I plan to be very flexible.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Week of April 13th

Hey everyone, I'm feeling much more comfortable with technology and Google Classroom and I hope you are too. I received Week 1 assignmen...